Tuesday, February 10, 2009

12 weeks 5 days

Morning all I just got back from my 12 week check up and all is good. My doctor gave me the results from our 12 week ultrasound which was done last Thursday, Feb 5. They read something like this, "One healthy very active baby measuring 13 weeks 4 days" YIKES!!! So that basically means that baby is measuring 1.5 weeks ahead of schedule!! Which could move our due date to August 9th!

So my doctor and I discussed this and (as I know my schedule very well) agreed that my due date of August 20th is most accurate and to continue to go by that. She just suggested that I be prepared to deliver early....yeah isn't that what most 38+ weeks pregnant women wish for!! I guess only time will tell.....

I got to also hear the heartbeat which was 160bpm (so is does that mean boy or girl?)...what a comforting sound that is especially since I don't have a belly, can't feel any movements yet so other then being hungry pretty much all the time...I have no other symptoms. Which don't get me wrong I am not complaining about...it just sometimes plays with your head and you start to wonder if indeed there is a little peanut growing in there :)

Well that's the update for now. Next ultrasound will be around 20 weeks which will be the first part of April....and yes we hope to find out the sex :) I know that most of you are hoping that we have a girl but honestly I think we will have a boy and I will be very shocked if the tech tells us girl!!

So what do you think we are having?? Any name suggestions?

2 comments:

Muirhead Family said...

Well... The faster heartrate suggests a boy, according to folklore. That's totally what my gut tells me you're having!
Can't wait to find out who he/she is and I can't wait to meet this little turnip!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
The heartbeat is hard to say. The twins were exactly the same they actually couldn't tell they had two different heart beats until contractions started and one would go up the other would go down.
I don't remember what the boys were either but think they were different by a lot.