Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Our Mini Vacation

Jeff and I are back from our Mini Vacation. We left on Friday, July 4th bright and early around 8:30 a.m. and arrived in Fargo, North Dakota around 6:30 p.m. . We stayed until Monday, July 7th when we headed to Grand Forks and came home through Winnipeg. On the way down a herd of antelopes crossed the road right in front of us and I have to admit I have never seen a baby antelope before so I had to take a picture.



Our hotel in Fargo was exactly like a log cabin. We felt like we should have been on a ski hill not downtown :) I choose this hotel as it was brand new as it just opened at the end of February so I figured it would be nice and clean for Jeff!! He must have liked it and felt that it was clean/new enough because on our second night he actually walked with bare feet on the carpet!!!! That is just completely unheard of for him!!



























We did a lot of shopping and took in the fireworks on Friday night which last 35 mins compared to our local 12 minute show so that was really nice. They also had some unique fireworks that we have never seen before I will attach a few videos if I can. We also went on a Pontoon Boat Ride on the Red River. There are a few pictures on the boat as well as pictures of the original railroad bridge support which they still use. There is also a picture of a cage which is actually where the Zoo at one time was the those cages were where the 2 bears lived.

































1 comment:

Muirhead Family said...

Looks like you had a great time! That hotel was beautiful and I'm glad Jeff could enjoy it!
By the way, thanks for posting the videos... Elias slept through our fireworks and LOVED watching those videos!